пятница, 13 августа 2010 г.

Dr. Laura's spiritual journey takes turn

Dr. Laura Schlessinger, one of the nation's most popular radio talk-show hosts and the most successful on-air counselor, is no longer practicing the rituals of Judaism – ''I felt that I was putting out a tremendous amount toward that mission, that end, and not feeling return, not feeling connected, not feeling that inspired,'' she told her radio audience. ''And trust me, I've talked to rabbis, I've read, I've prayed, I've agonized, and I came to this place anyway, which is not exactly back to the beginning, but more in that direction than not.'' Schlessinger, known to millions as Dr. Laura, says she is ''very committed still to all my moral issues, and the charitable issues. ''They'd say, 'We're praying for you.' 'We hope you can attain this because of the work you do.' 'We can see how committed you are.' 'You are doing God's work.' 'It's a shame you haven't been able to feel. To me that was a mystery, and I was very sad about that and very envious of my friends.'' Schlessinger, the best-selling author of several books focused on successful relationships, parenting ideas, morality and personal ethics, is now working on a new one, ''Bad Childhood, Good Life.'' In researching that book, she said, she is more convinced than ever that religion is the most powerful force in turning people's lives around. The beauty that I have heard on this show and read in these letters over the last 25 years I've been on the air, for the people who've been able to feel connected to God and feel loved no matter whether they say 'God' or 'God Jesus,' no matter what it is they use as the term, it has been the saving grace.

Комментариев нет: